The RVC congress ran on the weekend of the 9th February 2013 at the RVC Hawkshead Campus.
The weekend comprised of lectures by:
- Tom Greenham (Lambert Leonard and May) - Mastitis
- Martin Smith (RVC) - Domestic Poultry
- Ian Dennis - So you think you want to become a pig vet?
- Kate Hovers (MSD) - Lameness in Sheep
- Colin Penny (Pfizer) - Oestrus Synchronisation in Beef Herds
- Claire Whitehead - An Introduction to Camelid Medicine
A selection of practicals were also run:
- Mastitis Practical
- Poultry Post Mortem
- Pluck Scoring
- Bovine Lameness
- Ovine Lameness
- Dairy Fertility with ultrasound scanning
On each day a very busy and successful trade stand event ran, with companies coming from all different aspects of the veterinary centre from Welfare groups to Interactive simulators.
On the Saturday night the RVC catering staff laid on a fantastic 3 course dinner. Students then enjoyed the now traditional Ceilidh until the early hours!
The weekend was a resounding success and the RVC Committee would like to thank all the sponsors, staff and lecturers who helped with the weekend.
We are thoroughly looking forward to the next one and would appreciate your feedback